Monday, November 14, 2011

Wim Wenders discussion + book signing (11/18)




'When you travel a lot, and when you love to just wander around and get lost, you can end up in the strangest spots. I have a huge attraction to places. Already when I look at a map, the names of mountains, villages, rivers, lakes or landscape formations excite me, as long as I don't know them and have never been there ... I seem to have sharpened my sense of place for things that are out of place. Everybody turns right, because that's where it's interesting, I turn left where there is nothing! And sure enough, I soon stand in front of my sort of place. I don't know, it must be some sort of inbuilt radar that often directs me to places that are strangely quiet, or quietly strange"


Places, Strange and Quiet gathers photographs from 1983 to 2011 in a full panorama of Wenders' photography to date. He'll be at Book Soup this Friday to chat about his book as well as do a book signing.

November 18, 2011 4 pm

Book Soup
8818 West Sunset Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90069

No comments:

Post a Comment