Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Ellen von Unwerth




"I think that, because I know what it feels like to be in front of the camera, I can be more sympathetic to my subjects. Being in front of the lens, you are very vulnerable. It's not a nice feeling, and I don't miss it. But it's very helpful to know exactly what it's like. When I was a model I hated when I wasn't allowed to move, so I love movement and I encourage my subjects to play around, to move and to be silly."


This Thursday is the opening reception to Ellen von Unwerth : Photographs at Fahey/Klein over on La Brea (just up the street from PIX.) Then on Friday at Taschen Beverly Hills will be the "Fräulein" Masquerade Ball and Signing with Ellen von Unwerth. Pre-ordering this book allows you and a guest to this event. Culinary offerings, champagne and cocktails as well as entertainment will be provided. Dress attire is encouraged. Masks and costumes are optional. You can secure the copy via 310.274.4300 or emailing store-beverly(at)taschen.com

"Ellen von Unweth : Photographs" Opening Reception on Thurs. Oct 20 7-9 pm
Fahey/Klein 148 North La Brea Los Angeles, CA 90036

"Fräulein" Masquerade Ball and Signing on Fri. Oct 21 7-9 pm
TASCHEN Store Beverly Hills 354 N. Beverly Drive Beverly Hills, CA, 90210

No comments:

Post a Comment