Friday, October 21, 2011

Sam Comen "28 at 28" opening reception (10/22)




In my late 20s, I sensed a turning point coming. My photo assisting days were over, my photography career was in full swing, and my aspirations as an artist and commercial photographer were in the forefront of my mind. I found myself swept-up in the irreverent parties and carefree feasts typical of my mid-20s less and less. I was becoming more confident in my photography, more aware of my place in the context of other artists, historical and contemporary. And I marveled at the success of my close friends. Around me my peers were making strides in their careers, becoming prolific in their artwork, finding partners, buying homes, and some even having children of their own. All of us were finding our voices, becoming comfortable in our own skins, growing into adults.


This Sunday Sam Comen invite you to check out his work from his 28 at 28 series from the past 3 years over this Saturday at his reception which happens to be his 31st birthday so go down there and wish him a happy one :) The show will be up for the next three months.

Saturday October 22, 2011 6-8 pm

Next Space
9415 Culver Blvd.
Culver City, CA, 90232

No comments:

Post a Comment