Friday, November 5, 2010

Unique Voting Places


Derka's Automotive Repair, Ward 31, Division 18, Fishtown



Funeral home, far northeast.



Vietnamese restaurant, south.


On Tuesday Nov 2, 2010, I walked to my usual polling place - a Korean storefront church to vote. This is where I've gone for many years. Today, I read about how a Philadelphia photographer went about documenting the more unusual spots for a voting booth. Read his story here.

“The Philadelphia Elections Board actually posts a list of all the polling stations and every place has a small description next to the address, such as ‘Residence’ or ‘Storefront’ or ‘Water Department Laboratory,’ says (Ryan) Donnell. “So I made a list of the weirdest sounding places, packed-up my Hassy, tripod and film in my car and basically just drove all over the city of Philadelphia for about 10 hours on Election Day. I’ve done that every election since November 2008.”

No comments:

Post a Comment