Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Asger Carlsen "Wrong"




....I like the idea of not being bound to calling my self a photographer. That is just the media I have chosen to work in. I work in photography-based material, but I also work in meat, foam, wood and dove, etc. My concentration in "Wrong" has been more about creating my ultimate hopes of experience. I realized with the first Wrong pictures that I created the satisfaction in seeing something I didn't understand and is removed from the normal. They are "manipulated" to create new narratives in the picture. So telling the obvious stories don’t challenge the mind in my opinion. I'm constantly on the look for the ambiguous in conversation or things I see doing my walk around the city... I guess it’s really about my strong need for entertaining myself and maybe reality is enough for me.- Asger Carlsen

No comments:

Post a Comment