Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Herb Ritts : Twenty-Five Years (10/21)





For me, the most important thing I learned was just honing my eye. I think I had a good eye. I'd go down to the end of my street, to a garage that had a certain feeling about it, or a particular light; I'd take a picture of a friend who needed a head shot. That's how I learned, instead of having school assignments and learning camera techniques. I think a lot of the time these days people are so concerned about having the right camera and the right film and the right lenses and all the special effects that go along with it, even the computer, that they're missing the key element. That element is developing a style that's yours and experimenting with it in until you eventually discover what makes sense to you especially.


Opening reception : this Thursday (Oct 21, 2010) 7-9 pm

Fahey/Klein Gallery
148 N La Brea Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90036

No comments:

Post a Comment