Saturday, February 28, 2009

PIX CLICK : Translight Photography Center Open House





So i went over the open house with fellow blogger Wesley of WeCanShootToo blog and was happy to meet the new owner Michael Gotz (top photo) and had a chance to catch up with the manager, Christine (top photo) and see some of the new improvements being made.

I admit, I haven't done darkroom stuff in a long time. I believe the last time was at LA Darkroom over on La Brea in 2000 or 2001. After 9/11, LA Darkroom went....well, dark. And over the course of the last decade, I've seen many fall. I feel it is important to maintain such a place and I'm happy to had a chance to talk to Michael and see that he feels the same way.

If you have a chance, go by today. Their open house ends at 7 pm but if you can't make it, go by some time, Christine would be happy to talk to ya !

www.translightcolors.com

1 comment:

  1. My friend Bernard Wolf and I stopped by too. Very nice folks and quite an amazing analog darkroom, even by chemical heyday standards! I hope they can keep it rolling too.

    ReplyDelete