Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Mastheads.org


Today I'm making promo cards and realized I needed some address for a magazine so I pop over to Mastheads.org and logged in (I have a subscription) and then wonder if other folks know of this site ?

I discovered this about a year and a half ago. Right before heading to NY to make the rounds, I was doing promo cards and somehow through the miracle of the internet, found this site. The subscription is $24 a year and you can get free magazine subscription (I got Blender) with that or you can do it monthly for $4 bucks. It saved me time from driving to a bookstore and writing down addresses.

The info is for the most case up-to-date. Today I checked three titles - one was updated in Jan 2009 and the other two were in September 2008. They list the masthead (duh) along with email contact format i.e first initial last name@nameofmagazine.com. They carry about 520 mastheads and I noticed there's more UK mastheads than the last time I checked.

Only problems : I wish they update some of their listing better....the more lesser known, the less update. And sometimes when I click on a link, it goes nowhere so I have to reload the page (I also can't tell if this is just my internet connection since that has been slow lately too)

www.mastheads.org

No comments:

Post a Comment