Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Andrew Bush "Vector Portraits" (9/12)








"Driving is as much about going out into the world and going from point A to B and getting the thing you want as it is about circulating one’s image and being seen. Even though our car shelters us like a room, it seems it is the speed we choose to drive and the direction we chose to go that really determine the space we own and the privacy we associate with driving. I was interested in moving at the same speed as the driver beside me as a way to look into their world, to show them motionless."


Photographs of drivers here in Los Angeles....how very LA right ? We are a very car city.Sometimes I wonder how much I miss because I'm in my car. When I walk the same block - I get a chance to take in the building, the people, the cracks on the sidewalk, that dog by the sad tree. When I drive by - nothing really...it is like we're watching TV inside a car of the world outside. Which is probably why I'm attracted to Bush's images...I'm watching these people's lives...trying to figure them out from what is in their vehicle or on their vehicle. Who are they ? Where are they going ? What's their story ?

Well, Andrew Bush will answer your questions on Sept 12th at the opening reception of "Vector Portraits" at M+B in West Hollywood. Runs from 7-9 pm.

Interview
Amazon


M+B
612 N. Almont Drive
Los Angeles, CA 90069
T 310 550 0050
F 310 550 0605

No comments:

Post a Comment