Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Wednesday (9/30)

+ So I happen to be by Calumet and so I snap a quick photo of their student special. Remember how a few days ago I stumbled up on it but my iPhone lost the photo ? So yes, looks like you can rent their studio space for $75 and they throw in free usage of a Travelite kit and background stands plus you get 25% of additional equipment rentals. Talk to Jeff Hall, the store manager or Damien, the rental manager. 323-466-1238. Hey guys, I'm a student ! A student of life ! Can I rent ya space ?



+ By the way, I was walking by the Space 15 Twenty and noticed they have a "Where the Wild Things Are" in their gallery space. Unfortunately they were closed that day but I peeked in through the windows. After digging around the web, I found this :

Gallery Space presents

Where The Wild Things Are

September 19 – October 18, 2009

Featuring an exclusive Filmmaker Print Series from the forthcoming film.

Signed by director Spike Jonze and cinematographer Lance Acord, the 15 photo prints are limited to an edition of 5 and are only available at Gallery Space during the show.




Space 15 Twenty is called "a retail experiment" with stores such as Urban Outfitter and alife. My reason for is purely for Hennessey + Ingalls store. I used to trek to the westside to check out current photography books but this one here in Hollywood saves time - plus I can use the subway to get up there ! So whenever I need inspiration, I just wander....



One book was by Soren Solkaer Starbird, a Danish photographer and covers musicians he's photographed over the year. When I took a look at his site, I gravitated to more of the moody





+ Oh, LA-photographer Reggie Casagrande has started a website called Lipsticktracez. She's been around the LA scene for many, many years. I believe I met her around 2003 (?) my memory is fuzzy now days but she recently email about her new adventure. Yesterday while scoping out the blogs, I ran across her site again - she interviewed and photographed Bettina Korek, the founder of For Your Art which is one of the many websites I visit to find out what's going on in the gallery world.

No comments:

Post a Comment