Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Douglas Gayeton "Slow : Life in a Tuscan Town" (10/3)





"As a filmmaker who also shoots photographs, I try to document an event while it happens, not as one moment, but more from a cumulative standpoint. The concept of stories evolving over time is very important to me. In fact, many of my images are comprised of multiple photographs taken over the course of hours or even days. Others photographs capture a single moment from different vantage points. In this way I both compress and explode time.

"After shooting, I go into my "editing room" and build my story, which often takes the form of writing. This began, incidentally, as a personal record, a way for me to remember phrases overheard while I was shooting or specific cultural data, but lately the stories people tell me have become a major part of the work."
- Douglas Gayeton

This Saturday Oct. Equator Books on Abbot Kinney Blvd will be hosting an exhibition, presentation and book signing by Douglas Gayeton from 6- 9 pm. In conjunction with his book, The Tasting Kitchen will hold a special four course menu inspired by the same book "Slow : Life in a Tuscan Town" from 9 - 11 pm

Well, ain't that a kicker ? A photography exhibition a with four course meal ! For reservation, call (310) 392-6644

Check out Dogulas Gayeton's website.
Have a look inside his book.
Visit Slow Food Nation photo exhibition.

Saturday Oct. 3rd 6-9 pm

Equator Books
1103 Abbot Kinney Blvd.
Venice, CA 90291

No comments:

Post a Comment