Thursday, June 30, 2011

I learned that access can be easier to obtain than you think.

I learned that you must have a great deal of personal initiative
when shooting a project independently or on-spec.

I learned that captions are almost as crucial as the images, but a
powerful image may not need a paragraph of text to explain it.

I learned a lot about how to photograph people you don’t know.
All photographers I’ve asked about this have told me it’s something
you have to learn for yourself and I feel. I have grown significantly
in that respect.

I learned that publications still love photographs but don’t like
paying for them anymore.

Importantly, I learned that if you have confidence in the fact that you are
the photographer in a given situation, people generally won’t question that.

- Brandon Tauszik (via )

No comments:

Post a Comment