Thursday, June 2, 2011

Review Santa Fe Day 1


Reception at photo-eye


Reception @ New Mexico Museum of Art


Orientation


Review Room




I admit, I feel a bit over my head here. I'm nervous and anxious having never done a portfolio review before. I'm not sure how they will react to my work - I feel it is a bit more commercial than what they may be used to seeing here.

The best way to describe it would be the first day of school at a new school. I had a very good conversation with Camille Seaman who gave me definite points to ponder. I believe I walked in with a certain expectation and I don't have a firm grasp of what the process is like. Camille as well as Maarten Schilt was gracious enough with their time to help a newcomer as myself.

There are folks here from all over the country as well as the world - Japan, Spain, Canada, Mexico, Hungary, UK, Cuba, Israel, Hong Kong, and Italy. I definitely feel humbled by the wealth of experiences here.

Tomorrow (Friday June 3rd) is the first day of the review as well as portfolio viewing open to the public so if you are in Santa Fe, come by and say howdy. 5:30-8:00 pm @ Hilton Santa Fe 100 Sandoval St. 87501.

No comments:

Post a Comment