Tuesday, September 27, 2011

CLOSING : Craig Semetko (10/1)





As a kid I spent hours in the school library looking at old LIFE magazines and when I got serious about shooting I discovered the work of Cartier-Bresson and Elliott Erwitt and poured over their books. I feel it’s very important to study the work of the masters, not only in photography, but in all visual arts. When you start out you emulate the artists who inspire you, and over time you hopefully develop your own style. I come to photography from a writing and acting background, so my early work was often simply character studies. Over time I concentrated more on design, isolating the background, and providing elements of a story with an emotional component. My style is continuing to develop. - Craig Semetko


Craig Zemetko's current exhibit @ Phil Stern Gallery comes down Oct. 1, 2011 so catch it while you can ! Tues-Sat. 11 am - 7 pm.

Phil Stern Gallery
601 S. Los Angeles St.
Los Angeles, CA 90014

No comments:

Post a Comment