Sunday, April 3, 2011

MOPLA 2011 Opening Party



Last night I wander over to MOPLA kock-off party at Pier 59 West. Ran into lots of familiar faces that I hadn't seen in a while. As we are all photographers, we compared notes to what was going on in our lives and the business of.

There was also an exhibition of Marjorie Salvaterra black+white work from Clark Oshin Gallery to the right as you enter. On the back wall was Sound unseen: KCRW's Visual Diary in Print and Projections as told by Stephen Laufer and Larry Hirshowitz while on the wall was a projection from the Los Angeles Times and Kiino Villand. Speaking of the Los Angeles Times, they had a photo booth set-up and folks were waiting their turn. I believe those images would be uploaded to Facebook. Also had an opportunity to talk to some of the staff of LAT's photo dept - they'll be having a one-off pop up event going on during the Downtown Art Walk later this month as well as being on panel for next week's ASMP/LA event "The Current State of Photojournalism and Editorial Photography".

It was great seeing everyone as well as meeting new folks such as Sam Comen and Kathy and Alan from Los Angeles Times. I'm glad I came out !

Oh, I had my beat-up G10 with me so just shot some random footage and edited in iMovie.

No comments:

Post a Comment