Monday, May 17, 2010

Eric Ogden "A Half-Remembered Season" (5/20)





I think the color is incredibly important, along with the other visual tools like composition, lighting, etc. It's no different than a painter who chooses to include some colors and leave out others, creating a palette to influence the feeling of the shot.

It always amazes me how a subtle shift of say, magenta to green (or vice versa) can be the thing that makes a photo work or not work, to me at least. The cool palette is not conscious, I think I do a lot of it just on instinct. In this same group of pictures, there are several images that are very warm, and even go into deep reds, which is always fun to play with.

I usually try to use "motivated lighting", so the light is coming from a real (or imagined real) source, like a window or a lamp. But again, I think you can heighten the emotion by bringing out those colors.
(via)

Eric Ogden's "A Half-Remembered Season" just wrapped up in New York and will have its West Coast opening @ Hous Project over in the Pacific Design Center this Thursday from 5-7 pm.

May 20 - July 10

Thursday May 20, 2010 5-7 pm

Hous Projects
8687 Melrose Ave., Space B222
Pacific Design Center
Los Angeles, CA 90069

No comments:

Post a Comment