Tuesday, May 11, 2010

RJ Shaughnessy "These Photographs Will Heal Your Soul" (5/13)



"The best and worst thing about being a LA photographer is Freedom. Freedom to do whatever we want and the freedom to not matter."

This Thursday is the opening reception of RJ Shaughnessy "These Photographs Will Heal Your Soul" and “Your Golden Opportunity Is Comeing Very Soon” over at Lead Apron on Melrose from 6-10 pm.


"I’m from Hollywood, Florida. I moved to Hollywood, California in late 2000. In 1998, I was 18. I started taking photos as a hobby. I wasn’t taking it very seriously. One night everything changed. I was out taking photos during a storm, and literally, got struck by lightning. During my recovery in the hospital my friends brought me photography books from the college’s library. From that moment on, I knew what I wanted to do. Shortly thereafter, I got a job in a drug store’s one hour photolab. This was in Orlando where I was in college studying Mathematics and Biology. A year later, I left Florida to attend Art Center College of Design in Pasadena, California, where I graduated with a BFA in 2004."


His books will be available at the show. "These Photographs Will Heal Your Soul" 11x16 hardcover, 62 pages/29 black & white. 1st edition / 200 copies signed & numbered. $150 "Your Golden Opportunity Is Comeing Very Soon" 9.75x12.25 hardcover book. 44 pages / 37 black & white. 1st edition / 500 copies signed & numbered. $50

Lead Apron
8445 Melrose Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90069

Interviews here and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment