Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Patrick Fraser's Studio


When I was an assistant, I would love to see the offices of the photographers I worked for. Somewhere in their environment were stories to be told. There's one gal originally from New York who has a house here in LA and her guest house in the back was her office. I swear there were boxes of 120 chrome crammed back there. Oh, this is before digital so back then if someone needed an image, she'll dig it out and Fed Ex it out. Another photographer who lived in Echo Park had his walls filled with tears from magazines. Yes, very Rudy's a la Silver Lake. So I've always been interested in a photographer's space. Heck, I even thought it'll make an interesting book one of these days though the same concept has been used by PDN and others forever now.

Anyways, Patrick Fraser is a photographer living in Culver City with a studio in Venice and this weekend as part of Venice Art Walk & Auctions his studio door will be open for wandering folks to check out his space. Venice Art Walk & Auctions help support the Venice Family Clinic and they'll have several Art & Architecture Tours. This goes on this weekend May 22 & 23.

So if you're curious what a photographer's space looks like, head over and check out Patrick's space. This is his first year participating in this event and I hear he'll be selling some limited edition prints plus I'm sure he'll have some grand story to tell from Cannes - checking his blog I see he's there right now shooting a fashion story yesterday

By the way, the Art Walk is $50 and goes to a good cause !

Oh, besides Patrick there are other events such as Picturing Health – A Photo Documentary by South Los Angeles Teens, Visions of the Arctic: Photography by Florian Schulz among others as well as other photographer's studio.

And since you're in the neighborhood already, head over to The Distillery in Venice afterwards on Sunday. Local photographer Eric Schwabel and James Georgopoulos will be having a show. 361 Vernon Ave, Venice CA 90291



I would wander over myself to check it out but I have my own event going on in Culver City that Sunday. ^^ hint hint

2 comments:

  1. do we need to pay for the event to see patrick's studio?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have to pay for the event to see his studio, yes. It is $50 but hey, it benefits the Venice Family Clinic :)

    ReplyDelete