Thursday, May 13, 2010

PIX CLICKS : Vee Speers "The Birthday Party"



Although Vee Speers wasn't at the opening last night, copies of her book "The Birthday Party" were. I love the large size and the feel of the paper. Environment is a furniture store over on Beverly and this exhibition was done in conjunction with Jackson Fine Art of Atlanta. I could see the placement of the image in the space was done with thought and it isn't every day you walk into a showroom to look at art.

I did notice Lisa Jack's "Barack Obama: The Freshman" was hanging on the wall - some of the readers will remember that M+B Gallery in WeHo had an exhibition of Lisa Jack's images last May. Well, it turns out the store has a working relationship with the gallery and thus some of the pieces of their previous shows are here in this space.

I'm curious when this show goes down, what will go up from M+B's collection.

I posted a few other images on the PIX Flickr page

No comments:

Post a Comment