Monday, May 10, 2010

Vee Speers "The Birthday Party" opening reception (5/12)





Capturing the last days of childhood and seeing that slipping away with my own daughter; realizing that once you’re a teenager you’re not innocent anymore and that’s the way life is. I really wanted to package up that little world. That was my initial motivation. After that, I wanted to get in there and really explore that childhood through a child’s eyes. I shot them low down so they were dominating. We always look down on a child, they are small, but in the photos are taken at the child’s eye-level, so the children dominate. They’re not smiling but they are in control. They’re not unhappy. They are in their own world. via



(Video from PhotoInduced.com)


This Wed, opening reception for Vee Speer's "The Birthday Party" from 7-9 pm @ Environment

Environment
8126 Beverly Boulevard
Los Angeles, CA 90048

No comments:

Post a Comment