Thursday, February 17, 2011

David Hilliard "Great Expectations" (2/19)




My father and my grandfather were both photographic hobbyists. In the beginning I merely followed their lead. But for me my connection to the medium quickly grew deeper. Photography became a vehicle through which I could navigate and maintain a kind of control. I could order events, categorize friends and places…edit my world. Photography made everything around me look better. It made life clearer. As a boy I felt as though I had very little control over my life. Photography was an antidote. It was my escape. Now, as an adult and practicing artist, I make photographs for multiple reasons, but I’m sure, at my core, there is still this therapeutic/historic connection to the camera. - David Hilliard



February 19th - April 2nd
Opening : February 19th 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM

Mark Moore Gallery
5790 Washington Blvd.
Culver City, CA 90232

No comments:

Post a Comment