Sunday, May 10, 2009

Selects from White House's Flickr

I posted a brief link about the White House's flickr account but didn't get time to really go through their images (they have about 283 currently). I spend some time today just checking them out. Done by Pete Souza, it gives you an idea of his days in the White House. It is weird, almost as if I'm looking at stills taken from the "reality show" of being a President. I don't believe there's never been a time in my life where the life of a President could be documented and seen in such a short period of time. In days before, there would be books on Presidents but done months later. Today we can click on Flick and see what Obama did just yesterday. Their last photo was Obama speaking with the captain of that ship held hostage by pirates. The shot was taken yesterday (Saturday May 9, 2009). Incredible !

Many shots are the types you expect - Obama talking to reporters, Obama talking to staffs, Obama throwing a football but the ones that my eye goes to are the more unusual ones - such as Obama in 3-D glasses watching a movie or small details like the "President" sticker on the ground so he knows where to stand. I've posted a few of my favorites :






No comments:

Post a Comment