Sunday, August 8, 2010

Life Below the Line





Most of you know me as the guy who runs the social media for PIX and some of you know that I've been working on a book project on cosplay for the past year but besides that I'm also working on getting into the union doing production stills and as a offset from that I've been working on a personal series called "Life Below the Line" for the past few years.

In Hollywood, " below the line" generally refers to anyone but producers, stars, writers and directors. The term refers to what was once an actual line on a ledger between fixed costs that were set before production began and less predictable costs incurred during the production process.

I got started about a decade ago when my friend became a music video director. I spent countless hours on so many videos I can't recall them all but I did realized at one point that I did like production still photography and I wanted to expand into narrative so I started working for low budget films. The series "Life Below the Line" started when I realized that many folks don't know what goes on behind the scenes.It focuses more on the people you don't see on the screen - the art dept, sound folks, the camera crew - the more unseen side of Hollywood.

helloejen.com

No comments:

Post a Comment