Sunday, December 19, 2010

Happy Holidays and Thank You

Howdy folks,

I know many of our readers will be heading out of town for the holidays this week so I like to take a moment to wish everyone a safe journey to wherever they may be going. Forget your troubles of this year, take time to bask in the warmth of your friends and family. Have a drink or two, smile and be merry :)

I like to thank everyone for reading this blog. When I started this back in March '08 on MySpace blog (here's one of the first posts), I had no idea how far it has taken me. I like to thank PIX for allowing me the opportunity - not just for this job but for their understanding. You see, this year I spent 6 months traveling the country selling my book at conventions. This part-time gig at PIX allowed me the ability to work from anywhere in the country. You may not realize this but after a full day of working at the convention, I'm huddled over my laptop in my hotel room working for PIX for a few hours. I've done so while in-flight, at the airport, in hotels, wherever I can find an internet connection. In addition to running PIX's social media, I also run a similar platform for my book - a website, Facebook, Twitter, plus 6 other social media sites. I've learn a lot this past year and using what I learn from my personal site, I've implemented them into the PIX platform and vice versa. This world we live in now has changed a lot in the past 2 years and like many of y'all out there, we have to adapt the best we can.

There'll be changes in this site in the upcoming year - I'll be looking at ways on improving the site. I thank you for reading and wish y'all well this holiday season.

cheers,

e


2 comments:

  1. I'm a faithful reader of PIX Feed LA so Happy Holidays to you, too. I had no idea you did all this while globe-trotting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yo Cosplay PIXie EjenEric,

    A big thanks to you in return! I know it's a lot of work, but keeping tabs on each other here, on Facebook, Twitter, etc., has been a blast. Better yet, running into you at various events and exhibits is always a good time in terms of catching up properly. Keep up the good work, both here and with the book, and I'll see you soon at the next one! Seasons Greetings to you and everyone at PIX!!

    Michael Kirchoff

    ReplyDelete