Monday, December 13, 2010

Kevin Knight's Creative Spaces


A normal day I’ve been trying to get up as early as i can where i still can function properly. I like to stay up late and work well things get peaceful and quiet i can concentrate on more and calm my thoughts and plan next day. I get up start the coffee machine, I like to go down stairs turn on some jazz or motown right away light the Nag Champa. Then go back upstairs take a shower and get the coffee, by the time I’m ready i go back down stairs the perfect song is playing it smells nice and I’m awake ready to get into it! Thats how i like to launch each day. I take care of a few emails then I’m doing work! - Sam Flores


I been hopping around lately so I haven’t been able to build a regular space to paint like I usually do, so minds kinda makeshift usually at my desk next to my computer, shits everywhere while I paint gets pretty messy and I get splatters all over the place. I like having music really loud and my books and random toys around to keep me going, sometimes a DVD or Netflix just playing even over music. Also I paint late like between 9 to 5 morning. I do have a ritual and thats cleaning before I start, my fuckin’ area has to be clean just so I can destroy it it haha. Clear space, clear mind.- Angry Woebots


I wake up around 7 and lay in bed for a while thinking of dreams i’ve just been pulled away from. I like to keep bits and pieces of the really great ones for embellishments within the paintings. Then i peel myself out to get in front of the computer and take care of emails and choose some music. I spend on average 10 hours a day painting, and usually walk away around 11pm. I’m very obsessive and tend to paint rather slow. But i enjoy my process and love that i am fortunate enough to meditate my days away. Thinking about it, i don’t spend much time in reality really. I live in a daydream.- Lola


One of the @PIXFeedLA follower, Kevin Knight (Is that an epic name or what ?) gave me a heads up on his project which he describes as "a look into the seldom seen studio spaces of the top artists, writers and creative individuals." He's got a blog as well as interviews with the artists over at site Creative Spaces. A fascinating look into the environment of artists.

No comments:

Post a Comment