Saturday, December 18, 2010

Vaughan Oliver "David Lynch"



I'm sure for a generation of folks, Vaughan Oliver and 4AD was a creative match made in heaven. Vaughan's latest work is for David Lynch's solo single "Good Day Today". Over at CreativeReview, they've done a quick interview with Vaughan.

So my thought was to try to get the artwork to relate to that whilst capturing a more eerie dark atmosphere. My first port of call was photographer Marc Atkins. I've worked with him for about ten years and don't need to say much to him - he gets it straight away. This was always going to be an image-based, rather than a design-based project.

Pretty much for me, I identify 4AD with Vaughan Oliver and Mark Atkins. I remember listening to This Mortal Coil , Cocteau Twins , Dead Can Dance, Lush, Red House Painters, Belly, Frank Black, Frazier Chorus and more. Okay, I miss the 80s and 90s now.

No comments:

Post a Comment