Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Lucie Foundation Grant



The Lucie Foundation is proud to support professionals and emerging talent who progress the art form of still photography through original subject matter, content, or processes. The Lucie Scholarship provides grants for projects and photographers with an ambitious scope for their work. One grant of $5,000 will be awarded to a professional photographer beginning a new project idea, or for a work in progress of a specific series. Also, one $2,500 grant will go to an emerging professional (student, graduate, or beginning professional) working on a portfolio or specific body of work. Our support of photography is broad, from photojournalism to fashion photography, digital to medium format, including every other category and subcategory. Our concern isn't with genre, but rather to support innovative work and to aid in artist visibility through exhibition of new work in a metropolitan gallery setting, as well as publication of the work in book format for increased exposure.

The Lucie Foundation is currently accepting applications for two cash grants - $5,000 (Professional photographer) and $2,500 (emerging photographer) to help fund projects. There's no genre, open to any category. Click here to find out more.

The deadline is Feb 15, 2011 and final winners announced March 16, 2011.

I myself am submitting for a personal project I've been planning to work on this year. As many of you, I find it hard to fund my personal work during these times. Everything I make seems to go to bills leaving me the choice of using credit cards to fund my previous project. One of the goals of this year is to look more into grants to fund my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment