Friday, February 19, 2010

Richard Photo Lab New Location


Wow, I am so far behind on this one. I usually try to keep up with what's going on here in the LA photo scene but stuff gets through. So y'all remember Imagexperts right ? They used to be on La Brea & Hollywood before moving down the street to 6630 W. Sunset Blvd. (Funny story : our sales manager back in the early 00's - Angela Torres, remember her ? She used to work at Imagexperts before moving over to PIX).

Well, now Imagexperts has merged with Richard Photo that used to be on 7161 Beverly Blvd right next to New Beverly Cinema. I used to drop off my black/white films to be process there. When I used to work as a runner for WireImage - I would pick up rolls of film from Oscar parties, drive down to the lab and drop them off where they would be working around the clock printing images for syndication. This was 2000. Now today with digital, no need to hire a runner to get films to labs anymore. Anyways, Richard's Photo moved in with Paris Photo (remember them that used to be on La Cienega ?) over at the old Chrome N R space ( ? I can't really recall their name if that is right or not ) on Melrose.

So looks like RIchard Photo Lab and Imagexperts have joined forces and moved to their new location over at 979 N La Brea where SuperColor Lab used to be. And last night they threw their open house - unfortunately I didn't find this out until 9 pm and by then I had already gone to the Lomo opening and the A&I Hollywood opening.

In any case, if you're around La Brea, go check out their new space - west side of the street up near Santa Monica Blvd on La Brea - pretty much up the street from PIX.

Sn anyone remember the old Fleshtone Lab over on Beverly ?

VIA

No comments:

Post a Comment