Monday, January 18, 2010

Alex Prager "Week-end" (1/30)





When I moved back to LA, I got three jobs just to support myself, and after three years, I didn’t know why I was earning money to just spend it on clothes and food or random things that meant nothing to me. I’d end up selling my clothes and cds for money to pay rent. [laughs] It was like this cycle where I didn’t really have money or never really cared about the things that I did have when I had money. So after a couple of years of that, I got a reality check and kind of freaked out and realized that I couldn’t be doing that for the rest of my life. The only thing I thought I might be good at is something creative, but I didn’t know what. So I started going to see friends’ bands play, and trying out different things. It was until I was about 21 when I went to a Williams Eggleston exhibition, and it blew my mind. Within a week I had all the darkroom equipment and a camera, and I taught myself photography.

Alex Prager...sounds familiar ? She was just in that Put Your Finger on the Button group photo show over at New Image Art Gallery just a few weeks ago and now she has a solo show over at M+B.

Saturday, January 30, 2010 - Saturday, March 6, 2010

Opening Reception: Saturday, January 30, 7-9pm

M+B
612 N. Almont Drive
Los Angeles CA 90069

INTERVIEW
INTERVIEW #2

No comments:

Post a Comment