Friday, January 15, 2010

PIX CLICK : APA/LA "Secrets of Video Production for Photographers" (1/14)



Had to battle the traffic to get over to the West LA for APA/LA's event that night. I got there around 6:10 but by 6:40 pm, lines stretched out the door. The whole event started late as they try to alleviate the line. Extra chairs were bought out. I believe the final tally was over 200 folks were packed there. I don't go to many APA events but this is definitely one of the bigger turn outs I've seen !



Lee White was the speaker of the night giving the run down on video production.



Rep from Marshall Electronics that makes monitors to be used with the DSLRs. Besides them, I saw an Apple rep, Zeiss rep, Manfrotto (Bogen) among others there.



Food ! I gotta admit, APA has gotten better ^^. I remember days of Subway sandwiches. Of course I found the cookie platter - heck, that was the reason I was there !



Astor Morgan, chair of the APA/lA along with KV who runs 5th & Sunset Studios.




Overall, found it informative but because of the late start, the whole program felt a bit rushed by the end. There was a lot of info to take in but it does give you the general idea of what is expected. Lee is doing an all day seminar on Saturday 10 am to 5 pm so he'll have the opportunity to explain the details. At the end of the night, there was a raffle with some nice prizes such as a copy of Apple Final Cut Studio and a Samy's $100 gift card - niiiice !

1 comment: