Thursday, January 14, 2010

PIX CLICKS : Karsh 100: A Biography In Images (1/13/10)





Jacqueline Kennedy



Self-portrait


On Wednesday, I just happen to be on my way to the Pershing Square station on the subway when I remembered that Yousuf Karsh 's exhibition at the Central Library in downtown was ending on Jan 23rd. I looked at my watch - yup, over in 10 days. Okay, I'll jump off at the 5th/Metro station, check out the exhibition (the library is a brief three block from the station) and walk the rest of the way up to Pershing Square.

Most people will recognized the 20 + portraits there - Ansel Adams, Isamu Noguchi, Georgia O'keeffe, Picasso, Churchill, Dwight Eisenhower, Hemingway as well as some landscape photography.

So if you happen to be downtown in the next 10 days, stop by and check it out before the exhibit is taken down.

First Floor Gallery

Central Library
630 W. 5th St.
Los Angeles, CA 90071
(213) 228-7000

No comments:

Post a Comment