Tuesday, April 7, 2009

"Find Clients that Appreciate who you are"



Click here for video.


The latest video from ASMP Strictly Business blog. Today's topic is on marketing. I can't embed the video so click here for the video.

One note I do appreciate is Lou Jones who talks of what he calls Primary/Secondary Marketing. Primary is making phone calls, doing appointments. Face to face meeting. Secondary is mailings, source books, website, etc. I'm always tried to make an appearance. You can email people but it could get deleted. You can mail a postcard but it might go into the trash but if you are at their doorstep, it is kinda hard to ignore you.

I also market using email and promo cards. I do an email first and mail out a card. By the time the card gets there, they usually already seen the email. Then I call about a week later and usually they remember me. Photo folks get so much marketing stuff that it takes time to get through it all. I also make my own promo cards - my target market is smaller and I like to gear the promo to fit them. I have enough old promo cards still sitting around so though making my own cards take time, it allows me the ability to target better - and save some $$$. I have a personal blog where I talk about making my own promo cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment