Wednesday, April 29, 2009

MOPLA Closing Night Celebration (5/1)

And yes, we are finally near the end of MOPLA as this Friday, they'll have their closing night celebration with PRO'JEKT LA: In the Stills of the Night - Portraits of the LA famous and infamous featuring Gary Lee Boas, Patrick Hoelck and Mark Hunter aka The Cobrasnake.

"With the help of the entire Los Angeles photographic community, we have seen an unprecedented out pouring of appreciation for the iconic images and image makers of our time. Students, seasoned photographers, collectors and enthusiasts gathered at the Annenberg, the Getty, at photo studios, and galleries from Santa Monica to downtown. It has been a most extraordinary time." - Cat Jimenez (MOPLA co-founder)

Friday May 1 8 pm - 11 pm

Digital Fusion
3542 Hayden Avenue
Culver City, CA 90232

I had wish I could check out more MOPLA events but time limitations kept me to only a few events. I do want to make some quick points for next year - rework the online reservation system. I know this is the first year and there's bound to be problems but perhaps you can use one of the many online 3rd party software like eventbrite. I do like how y'all update the calendar but some of the events I didn't know about until the day of so please email-blast new ones.

In all, I had a great time and look forward to next year's MOPLA.

No comments:

Post a Comment