Sunday, June 21, 2009

PIX CLICKS : Tracy Park Gallery / Kinkead Contempoary

Last night decided to hit a few gallery openings. My plan was to check out the "Live Nude Girls" photo show at Tracy Park in Malibu, the Heather Cantrell @ Kinkead Contemporary in Culver City, the "Summer Love" group photo show in Larchmont Village and maybe...just maybe "Home" silent auction benefit in downtown.

First on the list was Tracy Park Gallery in Malibu which turned out to be pretty darn packed around 7:30 pm. The DJs were just setting up and I had a chance to meet one of the photographer Jack Guy and his printer from Schulman's Photo Lab (on Sunset Blvd). I believe his name was Russell but sometimes hard to hear at an opening. Personally I was drawn toward Jack's work more. The other photographers with work there were Mike Rosenthal, Christian Gibson, Alan Roderick Jones, Keith Lander and Victor Spinelli.





Over in Culver City, Heather Cantrell was having an reception for "A Study in Portraiture : Act 1" where she did some live shooting. The background in her series was also set up in the space and she shot a couple on Fujiroid. A woman there called it "performance art". The space was packed - but then again, it was sort of a small space and the problem I had was the gallery of her work was in a room next to the room where her backdrops and camera was set-up so when she was shooting, I didn't want to cross paths and get in her way.






Alas, an old friend from high school whom I haven't seen in some time text me she was in my neck of the woods so off I went to Mandrake to have a few drinks. By the time I got out, downtown and Larchmont was out of the question.

1 comment:

  1. :)
    Hey..........Thanks for posting this!
    I just decided to google my own gallery and found your blog!!
    I'm having a show for Paul Sorvino on Saturday, November 7th!!
    Try to come!
    Be sure to introduce yourself to me!
    xoTracy

    ReplyDelete