Monday, June 15, 2009

Shelby Lee Adams "Appalachian Portraits" (6/18)







"To photograph this life with my people [the Appalachian community] is endless because they are open to expression. They are not naive. Having a somewhat practical sense, my pictures are intended both for my people in Appalachia as well as a museum in New York City. I believe that photography and art should and can serve all people; that’s part of my mission, to bring together culture, not to isolate."


Opening reception for Shelby Lee Adams "Appalachian Portraits" & Eugene Richards "The Blue Room" @ Fahey/Klein this Thursday June 18, 2009 7-9 pm


Fahey/Klein
148 N La Brea Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90036

June 18th 7-9 pm

LINKAGE :
Shelby Lee Adam's site
Interview with an Artist : Shelby Lee Adams
Amazon : The True Meaning of Pictures: Shelby Lee Adams' Appalachia (2002) DVD

No comments:

Post a Comment