Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Random Tuesday Briefs

+ PhotoSecrets blog recent checked out the ASPP Reinvention Seminar held in Culver City last week. Yes, I did miss posting about this seminar and found out only after it happened but lucky for us, Beate Chelette was there and she recaps it on her blog.

+ Over at Resolve blog, Jessica Korman posts about stock photography. “You should be shooting more of what you see the most of.” What ? I usually go away from what is shot before, but then I read her story and understand why to shoot more. Good read. And I need to get cracking, my checks from JupiterImages aren't that great.

+ Remember that NY MTA employee who got arrested by NYPD for taking photos of the subway...even though he works for the subway ? Yup, now he has filed a lawsuit against the city.

+ Ever wonder how it would be to grow up in Case Study House #22 ? Now you know.

+ Over at PixelatedImage Blog, they talk about your Oh Sh!t Kit , what you carry when something goes wrong on a job.

For my own personal kit, (and not counting on extra bodies or batteries), I carry a flashlight (it gets dark on set), gaffers tape on a pen (learn that from another photographer - as you don't need to carry the whole roll), tissue paper, extra lens tissues, earplugs (for on-set - music videos, etc), sharpies, Leatherman, a screwdriver set, those smaller micro-screwdrivers, old 512 cards as back-up in a separate compartment than my other cards, extra card reader, back up external hard drive, and air blower for the lens.... what do you guys carry ?

No comments:

Post a Comment