Monday, June 29, 2009

Resource Magazine + WIN-Initiative's 10 BEST 10 International Competition



So another photo contest. I know Resource Magazine but didn't know who WIN-Initiative was. Quick google search tells me WIN is a stock agency and is a content provider to Getty. Images looks to be rights-managed. How does entering this contest affect your images ? A quick read through the FAQs shows the usual "we use it to promote our contests" lines for "up to 24 months following the contest" in Resource Magazine, WINk amagzine (WIN-Initative's mag), WINk blog, exhibitions and promotions so no dumping into stock.

There is no fee to enter and you can enter between 5-10 images. They DO ask for images to be around 50 MB which has me surprise - usually contests asks for a small jpeg, then the bigger ones when they are selected. What's the deal with this ? FAQ says they need it for the final images for the gala if selected. Alright...I guess.....

Who are the judges ? David Carson (cool !), Roberto De Luna, Stella Kramer and Dan Deacon. You got a designer, photographer, photo editor and a musician ? Not sure how that works out either. There are to be prizes but the site tells me to keep an eye out as sponsors and prizes will be announced soon. But you will get exposure in Resource magazine, through WIN's sites and there's a gala event over three days where you can press palms with other creatives.

I'm slightly cautious but hey, another chance to get my work out there. Plus it is FREE ! Believe me, if you saw how much I spend on these competitions ! I'm going for it. Deadline is August 5th, 2009.

All the details here.

No comments:

Post a Comment