Thursday, August 13, 2009

Thrusday

+ Okay, I heard about this event and thought to myself, this would be great for photographers ! A local organization, the Los Angeles Urban Rangers will be doing safaris to Malibu beaches. Now after assisting for years, I've trudge through most of the major ones for productions but there's always those smaller private/public beaches with semi-hidden paths that I am unaware of. So every Sun this month, They'll doing these safaris. The photographer in me says hmmmmm, a chance to scout out new locations ! The dates are Aug 16,22 and 23. Times vary so check their site.

+ Hey, last week, APA/LA announced a retouching workshop on Facebook but hadn't post up a listing on their page yet. I checked it again this morning and it is up. Honestly wasn't as expensive as I figured it to be. If you're already an APA member it is $20. The event is called "Beauty Retouching Secrets with Lisa Carney and Dennis Dunbar". They'll cover What to work on first / How to enhance Makeup / How to achieve "Perfect Skin" / How to effectively minimize wrinkles / How to add a nice "Glow" to your model's skin / Secrets and techniques to color correct like a pro / How to retouch eyes without making them look fake and "plasticy". I admit, my photoshop skills aren't to par. Question is I don't know how to register...I don't see a RSVP email or registration button. Guess I'll have to email and ask....

UPDATE ! So I got an answer back from APA/LA. No pre-registration, just show up. Doors open at 8:45 am.

+ You guys heard me go on and on about what's up this week so I'll be heading out to the Annenberg for Dan Winters while the Downtown Art Walk is going on tonight. I'll see if I can whip up a list of photography exhibition tonight and post it up. And also tonight is Pro'jekt LA over at Space 15Twenty starting at 8 pm. LA photographers Geoff Moore, Jennifer Rocholl and Tasya van Ree exploring the theme "Facing West: Fashion Photography in the Land of Celluloid" ... right in Hollywood :)

:: LINKAGE ::

+ 100 Illustrated Horror Film Posters
+ Michael Govan, Save Film at LACMA agree on date for 'popcorn summit'
+ David Zaitz's 'Rust Belt 2009"
+ Getty Photog Released in Iran, Still Faces Charges

2 comments:

  1. Hey emailed apa-la for the rsvp info as well and never got a response. Please post the info if you receive a reply. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. UPDATE ! So I got an answer back from APA/LA. No pre-registration, just show up. Doors open at 8:45 am.

    ReplyDelete