Saturday, August 1, 2009

PIX CLICKS "Patrick Hoelck's Polaroid Hotel" (7/31)



Patrick Hoelck


Christina Ricci













(Hey, it's me ! Caught talking to Patrick)


So I headed out to Patrick Hoelck's "Polaroid Hotel" with my friend who runs Reserve Result over to the Thompson Hotel in Beverly Hills. I've been a fan of Patrick's since about 2000. I first discover his work through Guerilla One, a site we were both on. (Strangely enough, I ran into Chris, the editor of Guerilla One at another party that night)

I was intrigued. The exhibition was to be only three days and held at a hotel ? The event was held upstairs in their BONDST Lounge. They took over one of the rooms to hold framed Polaroids - some were just one per frame, others had up to 25 Polaroids inside. Original Polaroids were going for $2,500 while a framed collection (edition of 15) were going for $3,250.

Patrick also had a non-photo work - "American Slave", a framed collection of cigarette packages when look closely, instead of American Spirit, it read American Slave.

Many well-wishers soon packed the bar. I was never the type to spot celebrities - I tried out once as an event photographer for an agency that covered the red carpet affairs similar to Wire Image and found myself at a loss of whom to write down. For that biz, you need a photographic memory and ability to recognized well-known faces. My friend on the other hand works in Hollywood and has the memory to tell me that he spotted Scott Caan, Christina Ricci and JC Chasez from N'sync among the crowd at Patrick's event.

If you like to catch it, Patrick will be there Saturday night from 6-11 pm and Sunday 3-8 pm.

Thompson Hotel
9360 Wilshire Blvd
Beverly Hills, CA 90212

Credits : Reserve Result (top two), Jordan Lancer (the rest)

No comments:

Post a Comment