Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Wed

+ Well, with the Downtown Art Walk tomorrow, MOCA on Grand Ave will be free from 5 - 8 pm so if you like to go check out Robert Frank's "The Americans" , well, now is your chance ! BlogDowntown also wrote up a preview for tomorrow. And I should mention photographer Koury Angelo will have his work up as part of the "Indian Summer" group show at LoftSEVEN (219 West Seventh Street, 90014) 6-11 pm and don't forget to stop by Gary Leonard's Take My Picture gallery for his "The Billboard Show: Selling the So-Cal Lifestyle. Photographic Landscapes of the 1950s and 1960s." Oh, the DigitalArt.LA festival is going on at various venues around the Art Walk. Check their schedule .

+ Ryan Schude gets a shout-out over at an art director's blog, Art Produce. Ryan's a local LA photographer has seems to have taken off. I met him years ago when he used to work at PIX. I've worked in the rental house for close to a decade and I've seen a lot of fresh faces come in to work at PIX. Ryan's one of the few I've seen that I could see his imprint on it. Go check out his site

+ Oh, also if you folks out there know of any photo-related events going on in LA, please email me at pixfeedgmail.com. Though I go through around 30-40 blogs a day, there's always some event I miss. So if you know something or having an event, please let me know. Thanks ! And finally, this tune has been running around my head all morning .... so why not post it ? A little Smiths with the morning coffee, eh ?






LINKAGE

+ Gawker : How Getty Images Screwed Art Capital Group's Deal With Annie Leibovitz
+ Nikon Issue Service Advisory of D5000 DSLR With Faulty Power Control Component
+ Getty Images grant winner, Rena Effendi, completes project
+ WSJ : Despite Ad Drought, Vibe Magazine To Relaunch With Digital Focus
+ Photos of Bell Labs in the 1960s
+ Collection of misspelled signs in New York

No comments:

Post a Comment