Monday, October 19, 2009

Baret Lepejian "Time & Space in the Palace of Versailles" (10/22)




Photography has always been a very magical and mystical art to me. Since the days when I was five years old, watching my father Isgo print in a darkroom, I knew photography was going to be a very big part of my life. While my love for raw, revealing documentary style photos has always been a big part of my work, I love how objects in motion and surreal films like Infrared give a dreamy and surreal feel of another world that we normally don’t see. “Time and Space in the Palace of Versailles” is my interpretation of the opulent excesses of the amazing French palace. Shooting straight documentary style photos do no justice but these distorted, haunting images are a truer representation of what is the reality of its past and present for me.

Opening reception October 22, 2009 7- 10 pm

A & I Hollywood
933 N. Highland Ave
Los Angeles CA 90038

No comments:

Post a Comment