Friday, October 23, 2009

Viewbook


I've been thinking of changing my photography website recently. It's been about two years I've been with one template company and I suppose like cars, we always want the newer models and perhaps move over to a different car company. This week I've been slowly playing around with Viewbook, a company that recently started in 2008 by four brothers over in Netherlands and as I dug around their site, I realized that LACMA uses their software embedded within their own site. Cool ! Oh, and Markus Klinko & Indrani uses them too.

My needs are simple - get in, look at the images, get out. No super fancy anything. I would love to somehow incorporate a blog into the front page just as an update and I think I can do that with this software though I'm still tinkering around with it. I also can not afford to spend the big bucks for LiveBooks or Clickbooq so looking more for the middle of the road and at about $200 a year that'll fit nicely with my wallet.

Go check out their examples page - there's about 27 sites you can check out and see how they use Viewbook to their advantage. They give you 30 days free trial. No credit card needed upfront - I like this ! Too often I'll sign up for a trial, forget about it and BAM ! next month a charge.

No comments:

Post a Comment