Friday, October 23, 2009

Ralph Gibson "Nudes" (10/22)



"I had the incredible opportunity to apprentice to Dorothea Lange and Robert Frank. Although I learned a lot from both of them, one thing that rides above it all, they both told me, they stressed uniqueness. You really really have to be unique. You have to come up with your own visual signature. And it’s not a question of style. Our unique way of perceiving our own personal reality which is inherent within all of us. And it takes a while to get that harmony with your camera. But that’s where photography really begins for me and for some of the photographers I’ve admired through my lifetime."

Thursday, October 22, 2009 - Saturday, December 5, 2009

Fahey|Klein Gallery
148 N. La Brea Avenue, Los Angeles CA
(323) 934-225


Ralph Gibson
Shutterbug Magazine interview (2001)
Paris Voice interview (1988)
Graphis interview (2001)

No comments:

Post a Comment