Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Michael Muller's "Trauma"




I've been seeing that dang 'Trauma" advertising on buses for the past few weeks. Everything I'm on the streets here in Los Angeles, one of those orange Metro buses would roll by with that ad. Is this like that short-lived NBC series "Third Watch" all over again ? *sigh* well, I can't really tell but it anyways, last night I was reading Stockland Martel's blog (yes, everybody has a blog, even your dog) which had some behind the scene photos and the photographer in question Michael Muller had some thoughts.

"This was a massive set, with full pyrotechnics, major set moves, andplus I was directing video in between the stills with a RED camera. I definitely could’ve used a pot of brass to drop into. It was really fun. I got into the zone, rocked my Sea Shepherd shirt and thought of the whales being massacred and probably tapped into that state of mind, creating a fantasy human-carnage scenario. I am really happy with the final art that ended up outside and inside magazines all over. And I have received many pats on the ass for a job well done. (Like football, in the end it takes a full team to win the big game, hence the cheesy analogy .)”

I remember Muller doing the Walk the Line poster art a few years ago so I took a refresher at his website and after poking around figured out yup, you probably seen many of his work before...such as X-Men, Iron Man, Fantastic Four, Entourage, tons and tons of stuff....but the images that really grabbed me were his personal one from Expedition gallery.

*sigh* After looking through those images, I need to go on a vacation.



No comments:

Post a Comment