Wednesday, November 25, 2009

"I Spy With My Plastic Eye" group photo show (12/3)





I spy with my plastic eye that within the past decade there was been a resurgence of the Diana/Holga cameras that you can even walk into an Urban Outfitters and buy the Lomo version is surprising to me ! For those unaware, these plastic cameras with their light leaks and plastic lens allow you to turn off certain functions in your head and to explore the world with a different mindset. You can't really adjust the f-stop - there's very basic settings on these but I believe the chance for happy accidents is what motivates folks to use these.

I suppose Astor Morgan felt the same way when he decided to curate this group show over at A&I Hollywood on Dec. 3rd. Check A&I's page for links to the photographers on exhibit. Besides the work, there'll be raffles for some goodies. The exhibition prints, books and raffle sales benefits the weSPARK, a special place dedicated to enhance the quality of life for cancer patients and their families and friends.

Raffles include Holga cameras from Freestyle Photographics, Fiji 120 films, Light Leaks subscriptions, Lensbaby gift certificates, and Julia Dean toy camera class

So turn off your computer, silent your iPhone and come one down to A&I and enjoy some analog entertainment :)

Thursday December 3, 2009 7-10 pm

A & I Hollywood
933 N. Highland Ave
Los Angeles, CA, 90038

No comments:

Post a Comment