Tuesday, November 10, 2009

What is PIX Feed LA ?

Okay, I noticed my numbers are going up so I figured I'll run through what this site is for newcomers. I briefly mention the history of the blog before but what is really simply put is a "feed" of photo-related events here in Los Angeles.

We all lead busy lives here especially those of us in the creative freelance world. What I hope is to give really quick mini-listing of events here in LA. There's blogs out there that read like an article and honestly if I had time, I would bookmark that later to read but in our everyday lives, we just need information - quick & easy.

So the PIX Feed is to give you nuggets of info - click on the date and see what is going on that day. Opening receptions to photo exhibition that week are posted that week. Seminars, workshops, and so forth are posted usually as soon as I find out. And in between I do little quick photography links of what I hope you find interesting. Once in a while I'll mention something related to PIX either holiday hours or if we have something for sale. In most cases, I try to keep PIX stuff down to a minimum.

That said, I know my boss will kill me if I don't mention that we do deliver equipment/sales items here in LA starting at $5 (see pixcamera.com and that we have the longest business hours in town. We're up at 6am and close at 10 pm during the week. Yes we are open 16 hours a day. On weekends our hours are 8 am to 6 pm. And yes, for those of y'all out there who remember us from the 90s, we used to be open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and 365 days a year. I mention this before but if you buy our old night manager Sam a drink, he'll be glad to tell you tales who folks wandering in at odd hours of the night. Or the time an shall be unnamed New York magazine was in town shooting at night and they had to run out of polaroid (you can tell how old this story is by the usage of Polaroid) , so they sent an assistant here to pick up some.....well, you know what ? Ask him to tell you the rest :)

Other features of this blog is I've also posted up lists of photo assistants here in town along with digital techs, studio rentals, camera repair shops, equipment rentals, etc. Stuff that I think a working photographer would be looking for.

If you're an assistant/digitech/retoucher/studio or want to be added to any of the lists I have up, just email me your name/phone/email/website/what list you want to be on to PIXFEED *at* gmail.com.

And of course you can be a Facebook fan over here or follow our tweets here.

No comments:

Post a Comment