Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Wed Briefs


+Kids today are growing up in a vastly different world than I did in the 1970s. (via Laughing Squid)

+ National Press Photographers Association names winners in their The Best of Photojournalism 2010.

+ Getty opens their new exhibition "In Focus : Tasteful Pictures" yesterday. Runs till Aug 22nd.

+ Local photographer Jesse Saucedo has been working on his own "A Photo A Day 2010" project. I see he was at the Robert Berman Gallery this past weekend for MOPLA. (via. Calaveras Callejeras). My friend attempted this several years ago but failed. I've never tried it though I've entertain the thought before. This also reminds me of Sean Ellis's 365 book that was shot in 1999 - way before mainstream digital cameras or iPhones. Definitely one of my favorite photography books on my shelves. Shows you day in and day out of a life of a fashion shooter - the boredom, the waiting around, the shoot, etc. Out of print for years but I think I saw it for around $160 used on Amazon.

+ Boing Boing posts a leaked 2007 video of the US military killing Reuters photographer, Namir Noor-Eldeen and his driver, Saeed Chmagh. About 4 minutes into the video when the helicopter was about to open fire on the men, I shut the video off - I don't think I really need to see this.

+ Stuff I found on Craigslist Los Angeles

:: Dynalite Strobe equiptment (l.a.)
:: Mola Beauty Dish 35 - $400 (Los Angeles)
:: hensel porty 1200 + ringlight - $1090 (lax)
:: Profoto Pro-7b 1200 - $2000 (DTLA)
:: Set of 9 Epson 3880 Inks!! - $400 (Echo Park)
:: Hi Hi Rolling Grip Stands 2 for $250 (South Bay)
:: Norman 200B strobe kit - $150 (Redondo Beach)

No comments:

Post a Comment