Monday, July 27, 2009

Mon. Random Briefs



+ I'm a sucker for magazine design ever since I laid my eyes on Interview magazine in 1988 so happy to find this little treasure of collection of vintage magazine covers. Funny how Confidential magazine looks pretty close to what US or OK! magazine looks like today.

+ Just for FYI, PIX is able to deliver your sale/rental order to anywhere in Los Angeles so it makes it easier than sending out your assistant (or you) out into the streets of LA which can be dangerous - heck, my friend's car got ovverturn on the 101 the other day and driving around LA now days, I have to double/triple check everything - incoming cars, bikers, walkers, buses...agh !!! So yes, if you arrange everything ahead of time, this can be done for you starting at $5 bucks (Hollywood, WeHo, Beverly Hills area). You can check pixcamera.com for details or call PIX over at 323-936-8488.

+ Oh, the Smashbox Soiree thing is Thursday night. Info here. 7-11 pm. The same night, Fahey/Klein will have an opening reception for Dan Winters & Robert Coburn so I'm gonna try to hit those before the Soiree. The reception is 7-9 pm. Dan is Dan of course but I didn't recognized Robert's name and found out he was the production stills photographer for "The Birds" and responsible for that well-known photo of Hitchcock with a crow on his shoulder. I'm working my way into the 600 (camera union) as a stills photographer so definitely interested in getting a closer look at Robert's images.

+ This is cool. TokyoCameraStyle.com, a blog of film cameras seen in Tokyo. "People who shoot film simply do because they choose to, and the Photo Culture of Tokyo is full of film camera users. When I meet them out on the streets I ask to photograph their camera, and usually post it here the same day"

::: LINKAGE :::
+ APE speaks to Carol LeFlufy, a photo rep here in Los Angeles.
+ John Harrington on Time magazine and microstock (Read the comments)
+ Associated Press to build news registry to protect content
+ Shield Law Overturns Warrant for Student Photographer
+ NYC Traffic Cameras Are Nikon DSLRs — Perfect for Thieves (hmmmm...makes me wonder what's in LA's traffic cameras.... :)
+ Charles Bukowski Hollywood Tour
+ L.A.'s galleries reframe the recession
+ Freelancers Still Seeking Payment From Surface Magazine

No comments:

Post a Comment