Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Yup, Vibe is gone...

Vibe and Vibe Media Group has folded. Wow. I remember when Vibe first appeared. I was in college, this was back in Texas and I remember looking at the photography and thinking I would like to shoot for them one of these days.

PDNPulse has the memos.

And here's another article from PDN reporting where a photographer was in a middle of a photo shoot for VIBE when he found out !

Local photographer Emily Shur remembers Vibe....

UPDATE : Quincy Jones hopes to buy back his baby and relaunch it as a website. “They just messed my magazine all up, but I’m gonna get it back. You better believe it, I’m’a take it online because print and all that stuff is over.”. Quincy founded the magazine in 1993 and Wicks Media Group purchased it in 2006.

No comments:

Post a Comment