Monday, March 8, 2010

Monday Briefs

+ Just so y'know, Samy's HDSLR competition deadline has been extended to March 31st and the winner will receive a Canon 5DMKII. Other prizes to be announced. Don't remember what the contest is all about ? Click here.

+ Speaking of Samy's if you ever got a hankering for go hiking through Yosemite National Park and take photos, well, Samy's got a workshop for you ! The Yosemite National Park Photo Workshop with Dan Warsinger & Jennifer Wu on May 14th – 16th, 2010. I think I'll stick around LA...I'm more of a city boy than a country boy, y'know ?

+ You probably figured this if you signed up for the Lith Printing with Francesca di Leo class over at Translight Photo Center but they moved that class over to start on March 14th instead of yesterday. If you didn't know, and interested Lith printing, well, they have a 4 week class that runs 11 am to 3 pm and is on every Sunday starting next Sunday (3/14). Curious to find out more ? Yup, click here

+ Oh, another in case you didn't know - there's a camera club up in the Valley called "f/stop Camera Club" and they meet every month at the Balboa Sports Center in Encino. Goes on from 7 pm to 9:30 pm and there's monthly themes. Check their site for all the details !

+ Luis, our camera tech guy tells me that I need to advertise the fact that he does sensor cleanings for $40 and takes about 2 hours. Yeah, he can do it faster - and he may but depending on how his day goes, he tells me 2 hours is a good time frame. I usually have him clean my gear because frankly I'm worried about messing up my own sensor so I rather have someone who cleans cameras day in and day out. Anyways, you can call him up at 323-936-8488

+ I was curious why there wasn't any prices listed on Nobuyoshi Araki show this weekend, then my friend sent me this link.


(Click to enlarge)


Interesting....so the gallery exhibited work from a private collector ...so also explains why Araki wasn't present. Looks like this was just to advertise the gallery itself. Nevertheless, the place was packed around 8-ish.

+ Damien, who used to be Calumet's rental manager is now one of Broncolor's California reps - congrats, man !

ADDITION

+ Also Blurb is doing an informal gathering on Tuesday night 6-9 pm at Bar Lubitsch 7702 Santa Monica Blvd West Hollywood, CA 90046. So if you have questions or wanna check out the quality of a Blurb book, head over there. You can RSVP here.

No comments:

Post a Comment